Saturday, 21 December 2013

New beginnings

First off, let me wish bright solstice greetings on this, the shortest day of the year - my how the wheel of the Lord turns! I have just witnessed a fine (and for once well rehearsed!) Mummer's play in my local, and as a consequence, I'm in high spirits! May I also wish everyone a Merry Christmastide - the twelve days, which technically do not start until the 24th or 25th December, depending on which tradition you follow - but I wish it today nonetheless to everyone who passes by here now and then - and to those who follow it. For many of us the Winter Solstice marks the new year when the Sun is born again and starts her journey anew.

New beginnings...so what will 2014 bring? Hopefully a 'Yes' vote in the Scottish Independence referendum. A HUGE anti-EU vote across Europa in May. Peace in Syria after a victory against religious fascism and lasting dialogue with the Kurdish people and other ethno-religious groups...and hopefully a consolidation and growth of National Anarchist ideas. I do my part distributing NA material around and about...and in the REAL world, no less. I've also joined Twitter with a view to spreading National Anarchism to a wider audience and I encourage other NAs to follow suit. Who knows I may even end up on Facebook! Not having 24/7 access to the Internet limits the time I can spend to this blog, but it has been getting around 350 hits per month for some time. I have no idea how this stands up alongside similar blogs, but as far as I'm concerned, it's pleasing enough.

As I've said before, National Anarchism is, for me, almost a post-nationalist ideology - expanding on the definition of 'nation' and challenging all dogmas. But that does not mean that I disagree with other other radical nationalist currents on everything. What I'd really love to see is a UK version of  Generation Identitaire to present today's youth with an alternative tribal vision. To see these young people stand up against internationalism and globalism with such vigor and passion is truly inspiring!

So here's wishing a successful and fruitful 2014 to all National Anarchists, radical nationalists, anti-globalists, regionalists, localists, green anarchists, deep ecologists, tribalists, intentional communities, PLE-types and their equivalents, urban farmers, squatters, homesteaders, secessionists, Dark Mountaineers, anti-capitalists, Occupiers, small businesses, the self-employed, co-ops, distributists and de-growth advocates...Has this covered it? Probably not, but God bless you all.