Sunday, 10 January 2010

Narcissism begins at home

To start the year, here's potted biography of your editor. I was meaning to put it on my profile but it turns out it's too long...so it'll have to be a post. It's a brief explanation of my political evolution.

I started out on the Anarchist/Libertarian Communist scene and was particularly inspired by Syndicalism. By the early 2000s a minority on the Left began to question immigration and multiculturalism and I followed the ensuing net-based debates with interest. This acted as a catalyst for me to start questioning my own Leftist worldview of internationalism and cultural Marxism. I began reading nationalist material on the web, particularly the stuff by the now defunct UK-based National Revolutionary Faction and essays by David Michael which influenced me greatly towards my gradual conversion to National Anarchism.

I began reading up on other strains of nationalism which reassured me that being a nationalist need not conflict with my anti-capitalism, anti-imperialism and anti-globalism (principals which I continue to hold to this day) I was angry with myself for embracing the leftist stereotype which paints nationalism as reactionary, but we live and learn!

I started Berrocscir's Banner intending it to be a commentary on the political fringe, but later took the decision to make it a blog with a specific National Anarchist outlook and to champion other anti-globalist movements from across the political spectrum while also supporting other tribalist tendencies similar to National Anarchism.

IS MY TEAM PLOUGHING?
I wonder if the deceased subject of A.E. Houseman's poem from A Shropshire Lad would have perhaps been familiar with Plough Monday, which this year falls tomorrow. Berrocscir's Banner says "hat's off" to the cultural revivalists that still celebrate this important day in the folk calendar, thus helping to maintain an English identity in the face of bland, synthetic and rootless modernism. Those interested can read up on Plough Monday and its associations here

Quote of the month
Never make equal what is unequal - Nietzsche