Sunday, 19 August 2007

Welcome to my world

Hi world

Berrocscir here. This is my first post in this here little blog and I don't have a clue what I'm doing! I am a luddite of the first order, but I hope to get to grips with this stuff so I can share my thoughts with you.

My user name is the old English word for Berkshire.

The main purpose of my blog is to comment on my first love - fringe politics. Not the coma inducing stuff, but the more intriguing ("We'll be the judge of that" I hear you cry)

First up is the upcoming referendum in the Green Party of England and Wales about whether to ditch the male/female Principle Speakers they've had for 15 years in favour of one leader and deputy leader. Personally I'm in favour of the latter.

Radio 4's Westminster Hour at 10pm tonight will interview Greens Caroline Lucas MEP and Derek Wall (current Male Principle Speaker)
on both sides of the arguement.
Here's the link to the Campaign FOR an elected leader: http://greenyes.org
And here's the NO campaign's site: www.greenempowerment.org.uk

Let battle commence!